Sashimi & Balud


Sashimi is thinly sliced raw seafood, one of the most typical and popular Japanese food. Before visit Japan, I known about it but had strange prejudice as I had about Filipino food “Balud”. How it possible to eat raw fish! How it possible to eat baby chicken including feather and stomach! Is it heritage of primitive culture!

I have taken both Sashimi and Balud. But I did not forget the surprise of Balud as I felt the feather and raw intestines test of chicken. Balud also is the most typical food in Philippines. When inside egg baby chicken grownup, before day of born – it makes boiled! Making fractures in the top of egg and mixing salty spice it is eaten. However I vomited after take half of Balud; but now I can take easily Sashimi with satisfaction.

Before I thought Sashimi, the raw fish has a strong smile as like as Bangladeshi river fish. Actually Shashi fish has no strong order and bone, very soft as like as cooked fish. Because of good test and morning-sun-red looking sashimi becomes my favorite. It is generally served in the special occasion of Japanese family. Its pieces are eaten with soya sauce plus, or mastered. There are many kinds of Sashimi depending on type of sea fish, such as Maguro: Tuna, Toro: Fatty Tuna, Ebi: Prawn, Saba: Mackerel, Ika: Squid, Tako: Octopus; but all are boneless and soft. The most popular Sashimi are Maguro and Toro.

Popular posts from this blog

ICT justice in Japan

Gondola